I’ve done a fairly good job of keeping my game face on during the impending sad days ahead (and let’s face it, watching one’s beloved father decline daily in hospice is incredibly sad as well). So here’s my Top 10 List of Happy Things I’m focusing on today to keep a smile on my face.
1. Groundskeeper Willie. Those of you who know me know WHY.
2. The birthday cake my “Sister Wives” had made for me last year.
3. THE STAND by Stephen King. My favorite book of all time by my all-time favorite author.
4. The news that Harper Lee is releasing a 2nd novel.
5. WGN Morning News – I can always count on them to make me laugh hard at least once every morning:
6. Bob’s Burgers Valentines, posted today: http://www.buzzfeed.com/annas31/21-hilarious-valentines-only-bobs-burgers-fans-942y?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgy#.hhePP6LM3
7. Rediscovering this photo from my Jamaica trip with my hilarious BFF, who is always making me double over in giggles.
8. This book tattoo, which makes me tempted to get one for the first time in my life (and has several tattooed friends volunteering to go with the world’s biggest chicken shit–me):
9. Kim Stover, a terrific teacher, who helps me burn off my stress:
10. This Jack Kirby meme, which reminds me to never, ever, ever give up: